was it my heartbeat you felt
or the tremors of ecstasy
when you dove into my waters
headfirst
was that moment a crystal ball
or a mirror darkly
tell me, was I a lagoon with life bursting
with ripples
or was I a sea storm that left you untethered
I lost the dinghy
where my weary head found rest
thinking your chest could float
what abandon of youth!
I fished in other waters hoping for a bite
blind to the power of my own lure
the lantern in the dark
where the crushing depth
left you helpless
then I would burst forth
revealing all my teeth
you choosing between two deaths
but I cared in a cruel way
that gave you a voice in my decline
as I made the choice
the depth is cold
dark
days without the tentacles of the sun
left with thoughts unrepentant
for I did not make you my gonads
and I remain barren of a tune
that flowed through the waves
where will I sing now
No comments:
Post a Comment