The night drifted deeply and sleepily,
sinking us further into the couch,
breathing beyond our lungs,
with full throated sighing at our touch.
At this moment I felt a train
crushing, hitting my chest,
ramming its way inside.
Finding resistance unexpected,
I could only suffocate,
not knowing where it would go.
A white hot light emerged
from deep within my chest.
A primordial connection that had no end.
So I lay there naked in space floating,
burning white with the light emitting
straight from your chest
and bound within mine.
It was writhing, hugging,
slowly drawing me to surrender
and I, hardly knowing immortality,
could scarcely hold the weight.
Limping, held up to the sky,
offering what beat inside me now.
Washed up in the cosmos,
I emerged wet and alone.
In that moment I saw you,
forever knowing you were my own
but within my grasp.
Touching the limits of your universe
inspired only awe.
I desired only to enter this space,
but I knew there was one entrance.
It was dark, limitless with toil
and yet here I was, crushed in the depths
waiting to emerge with tears to greet you.
The joy of being alive on the other side,
free to explore its depth and mysteries,
brought me sorrowful ecstasy
which I never can unknow.
No comments:
Post a Comment